The SmartAX MA5821 is a multi-service access module. The MA5821 applies to fiber to the building (FTTB) or fiber to the curb (FTTC) network applications for providing data and multicast services for community users. The MA5821 applies to video surveillance scenarios.
MA5821, 24GE, PoE
MA5821, 24GE, PoE (Use the appearance of MA5821 , 24GE as an example.)
10G GPON Upstream Transmission
• 10G GPON provides a higher bandwidth to meet service requirements.
• The 10G GPON transmission complies with ITU-T Recommendation G.987 and ITU-TRecommendation G.988, and provides asymmetric transmission rates in the upstream direction and the downstream direction.
• 10G GPON networks can coexist with the current GPON networks to fully use the existing optical distribution network (ODN) resources.
Intelligent PoE Power Supply
The MA5821 supports an intelligent power over Ethernet (PoE) function. With the intelligent PoE function, the MA5821 can transmit data to and supply power for terminal devices such as an outdoor access point (AP) simultaneously over an Ethernet cable. In this manner, users do not need to provide a separate power supply system for the terminal devices.
A Rich Variety of Services
The MA5821 support a rich variety of services, such as data and multicast services, and quality of service (QoS) assurance solutions.
• Supports high-performance multicast services.
• Supports IPv6 features.
• Provides effective QoS management.
Rich and Complete Specifications
The MA5821 provides multiple specifications. Carriers can choose the ideal one according to the user density, which best balances the input and output. The following table lists the configurations of the MA5821.
Provides one small formfactor pluggable (SFP) port to support the following upstream transmission modes:
Comprehensive Management and Maintenance
The MA5821 support multiple high efficient management and maintenance functions, such as remote software commissioning, acceptance, upgrade and patch installation, and fault location.
• Supports one-stop deployment and plug-and-play. When transmitting services upstream through a PON port, the MA5821 support offline deployment and plug-and-play. It automatically obtains configuration data from the iManager U2000 network management system (U2000) and reports its status to the U2000 after going online. The configuration data automatically takes effect. • Supports remote batch upgrade. The MA5821 provides a software-and-patch integrated package for one-stop upgrade, and supports automatic batch upgrade and rollback in case of an upgrade failure.
• Supports zero-touch routine maintenance. The MA5821 supports precise fault locating and remote troubleshooting, compressive information collection, and device self-check and diagnosis.
• Supports network performance monitoring. The MA5821 supports network optimization and user monitoring.
• Complies with carrier-class reliability specifications.
• Passes the electrostatic discharge (ESD) test.
• Provides surge protection and anti-interference functions.
• Complies with the following surge protection standards:
AC power port: 6 kV common mode; 6 kV differential mode.
User port: 4 kV common mode for GE ports.
• Uses derating designs for electronic components, improving system reliability.
• Uses an anticorrosion design and fewer lines routed across the surface of a board to achieve a proper heat dissipation effect (producing a temperature difference to prevent condensation).
MA5821, 24GE, PoE
(Without the Mounting Brackets)
(With the Mounting Brackets)
250 mm x 180 mm x 43.6 mm
442 mm x 220 mm x 43.6 mm
482.6 mm x 180 mm x 43.6 mm
482 mm x 220 mm x 43.6 mm
24 GE, PoE: -40°C to + 65°C *
40°C to + 55°C *
5%RH to 95%RH
70 kPa to 106 kPa
≤4000 m **
* The device can start up at -25°C and run at -40°C.
** The air density varies with the altitude, which affects the heat dissipation of a device.
Therefore, the working environment temperature of the cabinet varies with the altitude.
Power Supply Mode
Working Voltage Range
220 V AC
100 V AC to 240 V AC
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.