The SmartAX MA5612 multi-service access module (MA5612 for short) is an optical network unit (ONU) developed by Huawei. The MA5612 is a 1 U-high box-shaped device in which some service boards are mountable. It is mainly used on the fiber to the building (FTTB) and fiber to the curb (FTTC) networks. In addition, the MA5612 can meet certain requirements of private line access.
10G GPON Upstream Transmission
• 10G PON ports allow higher access bandwidth and meet high-bandwidth service requirements.
• 10G GPON networks can coexist with the current PON networks to fully use the existing optical distribution network (ODN) resources.
• The 10G GPON transmission complies with ITU-T Recommendation G.987 and ITU-T Recommendation G.988.
• The MA5612 supports data, multicast, and voice services, and comprehensive QoS guarantee functions.
Flexible configuration specifications: The MA5612 supports upstream transmission using GE ports, GPON ports, 10G GPON ports based on application scenarios and network construction modes. Carriers can flexibly select a configuration according to user density, obtaining maximal return on investment.
• High-performance multicast services
• VoIP services
• Comprehensive QoS functions
Superior Maintainability and Manageability
• One-stop deployment and PnP: Supports offline deployment and PnP when PON is used for upstream transmission; supports configuration obtainment from the NMS, automatic configuration validity, and automatic connection and report to the NMS.
• Precise fault locating and remote troubleshooting.
• Network performance monitoring: network optimization and user monitoring.
Carrier-Class Reliability Design
• The hardware has passed the electrostatic discharge (ESD) test.
• Surge protection capability
Powered port: differential mode 6 kV; common mode 6 kV.
User LAN port: differential mode 0.5 kV; common mode 4 kV.
POTS port: 4 kV in horizontal direction and 4 kV in vertical direction.
• Supports power supply using batteries when the AC power supply is cut off in the AC+battery power configuration mode; disables broadband services whereas provides narrowband services when the broadband service disabling feature is enabled.
The MA5612 supports different configurations according to supported power port, uplink optical port, and whether the mother board supports POTS port.
MA5612 AC; with the POTS port:
MA5612 DC; with the POTS port:
MA5612 AC; without POTS port:
MA5612 DC; without POTS port:
MA5612 AC; 10G PON upstream transmission:
MA5612 DC; 10G PON upstream transmission:
The following figure shows the layout of the MA5612 subrack.
|Control board||FE/POTS/E1/Filler panel||FE/POTS/E1/Filler panel|
Empty shelf: about 3.7 kg
Full configuration: about 4.22 kg
442 mm (without mounting ears)
482.6 mm (with mounting ears for the 19-inch subrack)
Operating Enviroment Temperature
Operating Enviroment Humidity
< 4000 m**
*The MA5612 is able to start up at a lowest temperature of –25ºC and run at a lowest temperature of -40ºC.
**The air density varies with the altitude, which affects the heat dissipation capability of the MA5612. Therefore, the operating temperature of the MA5612 changes with the altitude.
Power Supply Mode
Operating Voltage Range
Maximum Input Current
220 V AC or 110 V AC power supply + backup power (12 V DC)
100 V AC to 240 V AC
-48 V DC power supply
-48 V DC to -60 V DC
Ÿ Batteries will be charged when the device is powered by an AC power source. The charging voltage supported by a lead-acid battery ranges from 13.5 V to 13.8 V. The charging voltage supported by a Fe-lithium battery ranges from 14.1 V to 14.8 V.
Ÿ If the AC power source is cut off, the device will be powered by batteries. The discharging voltage supported by a lead-acid battery ranges from 10.8 V to 13.5 V. The discharging voltage supported by a Fe-lithium battery ranges from 10.8 V to 14.4 V.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.